Sunday, August 15, 2010

latest move-out

ok so I had this girl living in a real nice place I have, she was very private and whenever we communicated whether it be through email or text or phone she was always very polite and genuinely concerned about taking care of the rent and whatnot.  For years she developed a pattern of not paying rent for 3 months then come up with the total and all would be ok again. (ring a bell? 420ers) So she always gave me this long explanation of how the financial aide department was going to cover her costs because she was on some scholarship, but everytime there was some issue with the financial aide office, like the person went on vacation and the person who covered for that person didn't know that this account was there, or the person at the office had a baby and all her accounts didn't get sent over properly or the person died, and or quit, blah blah blah!!!  I have heard so many excuses in the last 20 years that it is ridiculous what people come up with. Anyway, she told me that she would have the place move in ready and I wouldn't have to do anything. She said she had the carpet cleaning scheduled for the 29th, blah blah blah!! I went there in the beginning of august like the 3rd and checked it out. First thing I noticed was that the carpets were covered in crap and feathers, each room was clearly not cleaned, not even vacuumed. in the middle room, there was dirt piled up by the closet, and in the closet was lights, electrical chords, ah huge cropped stems in big grow pots, vents and makeshift filters, and the closet was covered with mildew. hmmmmm I wonder what was going on here?? hmmmm, could this be evidence of the "financial aide office?" is this her scholarship program?? Also did I mention she painted the fuckin windows black!!! all the windows were blacked out. couldn't she just cover it with garbage bags? So she bolted owing me 3 months of rent. clearly did not intend to pay me, nor clean up the place. How about the stove looked like she burned victims in there. see below. Also she left trash all over the property. People think that if they move all their crap out into the front of the property then it will magically disappear! NO what happens is the landlord has to either remove it himself at his cost or pay someone to remove it at his cost. or hers whatever!  I have basements full of peoples crap that just leave things because they don't wnat to deal with it. I have had on many occasions where people move out and leave everything!! Clothes, beds, furniture, beds, as if someone was still there and would be back in a minute.
Anyways, I am out three months of rent and now I have to chase her down and sue her, which costs money with lawyers and all. This is the kind of fun you can look forward to as a landlord. til the next stupid incident, later Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment