Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bad renters

Ok so the deal with evictions is, it costs alot of money. Say for example, and this has happened to me, a tenant doesn't pay...I notify them that they are behind and need to pay rent, they get mad at me and call me names because I am such a dick for asking for rent. somehow I am the badguy, I provide housing a roof over their head, water, electrical, whatever, and I'm an ass because I have the audacity to request rent! then you go to the next step and give a 3 day notice for rent or quit. Then what happens is criminal, I am out $3000 in rent let's say, then I start the eviction, they then go and get a pro-bono lawyer advocate for the poor, their attorney calls my attorney and they make a deal. The deal is, I let the tenant stay for another 6 months free, without any recourse at the end of the 6 months and they will leave, or they will go to court. The problem with court is that it will cost me possibly $10,000 to win and prove that the tenant actually does owe me $3000 in rent, but in the meantime 6 months go by and then I am out another $7000 in lost rent and I had to pay $800/mo for six months for the mortgage. so now we have lost $24,800, $6,800 more than I could have collected the whole year. So the laws for landlords are fucked, it's all about being ignorant and poor, then the state will protect you. If you are educated and have some money you are a tyrant and you need NO protection because you are a capitalist pig. scum! so you win your case but now you have to collect, if the no-recourse clause is there then you are just screwed. So now I have some help, you can go to a collection agency and sick them on the offender, if nothing else they will attack them and attack them and put their credit in the tank, and eventually will even take them to court themselves. So that is the next plan of attack. To go after these people with the collection agency. Allied National will go after them for an account initiation of $40. http://www.nationalrentrecovery.com Lanlords need some recourse and protection. here is an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment