Thursday, December 26, 2013

always fixing

Well, first off there is a fuckin leak in P-2.  Really pisses me off.  I had to go there and I checked the apartment upstairs for any leaks, I tested the sinks and tubs and toilet drains. upstairs and found nothing. I did find the valve washers were leaking so I changed those, and that leak stopped.  I ended up going downstairs and cutting out walls to expose the pipes and such. and there is no moisture anywhere! no leaks in any of the walls, no leaks coming from the apartment above.  I am baffled as to what happened here.  My theory is that they overflowed the tub and got water all over the floor.  Then there are cracks on the linoleum and under the linoleum the cement floor was wet.  So the water was seeping into the base of the walls and out into the bedroom and hall, a very very slow leak. So i believe they caused this leak and it keeps coming.  They keep texting me that it is still leaking.  I know there isn't a leak.  They flooded it somehow. So because they keep complaining and have no patients I decided to call insurance, just in case it is something else.  So I am going to meet the adjuster tomorrow as well as the leak detectors, if there is no leak, then I will tell them to just wait it out and make it dry and do not get the floor wet again.

I wouldn't mind if they moved out. I would remodel and re-rent for $1700.  so this may ruin my time off from Stanford, as now I will have to go and do all the work on this place instead of going up to my place in Johnsville and working on the wood flooring, and possibly skiing.  I will bring he boys up and see if they can help out on the floors.

Here is a list of things I have had to fix.
700-B - bath faucet started leaking. I looked at it and determined that rather than try to fing the right parts that would fit this kind of faucet and taking the faucet all apart and hopefully fitting all the right parts, I just went a nd bought a new one and installed it. Faster and looks better, but wait it was a holiday, and no stores were open, it was like memorial day or labor day or something. But I remembered I had a faucet at Prince in storage so I went there and got it.  Fixed the faucet.   Then she told me the porchlight didn't work. errr. So another thing I have to fix.  the stores weren't open so I had to come back, making a whole other trip from Mountain View..  I did come down another time later and bought a motion detector.  It was found that the old light did not have a box at all, it was just a wire stuck through the stucco!! so I had to create a new box and then hook up the motion detector and drilled it solid into the stucco/plywood.  fixed worked great.

Next was the Prince exterior lights, they stopped working for some reason. I just didn't have the time to work on them or even check them out, AND some dickweed stole my 40' ladder!!!!  that shit pisses me off.  So I called an electrician from Alive electric and had him check it out.  He told me all the lights around the house were shorted, and it would cost $2200. I was shocked!  I did not know if this was true or not.  To check it would mean I would have to take time off from work, but a fuckin ladder, then spend my time at Prince checking all the fuckin lights, then I think how much is my time worth? so I gave him the money and they fixed it all.  Now it's bright and nice.

Thermostat is broken at 708-B  I paid another tenant to install a new thermostat, and the tenant told me that it was clearly broken off, like smashed by something hard.  so that means the tenant I can't stand got mad a broke it off, and now wants me to fix it.  Fuck him! he is always breaking shit and wanting me to fix it. He is so full of shit.  He also called me the other day and TOLD me I HAVE to get him a bulky pickup.  Like I work for this fuckwad!!!  So I told him that the bulky pickup is for me when I want to use it, not for him. Fuck him, and he owes me money for his portion the last two months, I should do nothing for this fuckwit.

I replace the wax ring at Olive, and added a spacer as when the time was added the toilet was too high and the wax ring was never touched.  So I replaced that and it worked fine.

changed 3 water heaters.  at $500 each.

central heater didn't work at MLK, so I went and messed with it and found that if the heater is too hot when starting it won't start, so you have to turn the temp down on the thermostat then restart the main burner under the house then slowly bring it higher, and that worked!! it was a new heater put in for $5000.  Sucks that it did not work for that amount of money, the tenant wanted to know how to do it so she wouldn't have to bother me again, I also had to change her kitchen faucet as there wasn't one that fit and hers cracked and sprayed a little stream into the air.

had to fix the toilet running at 24th st.  replaced the guts of the toilet, and they have big pit bulls now and this is not part of the lease.  Not much I WANT to do about it.

stove repaired at P-2 and P-3.

At Johnsville I put in all new tile in the downstairs foyer, under the washer dryer, in the downstairs bath etc.

some bigger issues with the props:

the partner I went in with at Grand ave, I found out did not pay the prop taxes the last 5 fuckin years, just pocketing the money, and hoping that the bank pays the difference. What a fuckin dick!! so now I am at the mercy of what happens, he won't pay and I am not going to pay, and if the bank doesn't pay then I am liable for half.  What a fuckhead.  So this will be due by June, then if not paid they may do a tax sale on the prop.
will ruin my credit more.

The long time tenant in MLK has not paid the full amount for the last two months. I am tire do subsidizing her, it is time for them to go.

I need for 720-B to move out, and mlk to move out, and 708-B to move out, that alone would increase my income by $1000 a month.

I am selling Prince I had an offer for $890k but it was taken off.

I need to get rid of this property so that I can save up to $20,000 a year.  That's how much I lose every year with this place.

overall everything is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment