Thursday, August 15, 2013

rental duties/maintenance

I was called by the girls in the newly renovated apartment, and they said the shower wouldn't turn off.  I knew exactly what that was.  I should have made sure that the new washers were in place, note to all, when you remodel a place and put in new shower fixtures, always replace all the washers.  I replaced 2 out of 3, and as a result I had to drive into Berkeley after work, around 8:30pm and do the change. all is ok now.

I also have to finish the walls downstairs from the waterheater disaster two weeks ago.  these guys are great guys but the often don't pay rent til a month and a half later. irritating.

I also have an issue with the side of the house where skinny people are getting into the backyard and doing whatever in the backyard.  I need to build something that will keep them out.

I am going to try and start keeping trrack of all the crap I have to do and things I have to deal with.

Like at Olive, the wife has called me and said that she cannot live there if she cannot have bars on the windows.  so I was set to put bars on the windows, but then the husband called and told me that she is not happy living in east Oakland, and she wants to leave, but as he grew up there he is quite happy and loves the place and he is not going to move, he went on to tell me that they may get divorced over this.  do I need this drama?  And on several occasions I have gotten calls from their number but then it hangs up, so I am stressed that they are going to leave or ask for bars or whatever any minute.  I would rather they just remain and be happy for the next 4 years.

I have an issue with the boys upstairs in Henry, they are total careless, disrespectful slobs, that play music and party at all hours, the people below complain and have in the past, these guys do pay the rent, but the last time I went in that unit I was appalled at the mess and the damage to walls etc, funny the reason I went there was for the same reason I went into the girls place last night, bad washer in the valve.

Also have the two princesses fighting, and they both want to change the lease to get the other off so they can be in total control.  It is not something I care to be a part of, however, now they are paying me staggering amounts of rent, and not paying all of it.  I mean one day I get $500, and the next I get $435 and a week later I get $450 and then I get another $475, this irks me, i want one check at one time, and then the princesses can chase down the others at their leisure.

I have a long time tenant in Berkeley, she has been getting a massively reduced rent due to being friends and my sympathy for her situation. but now with the economy and her recent meltdown at work which resulted in her being fired, she is struggling to pay the rent.  I have sympathy for her, but this is the kind of thing that eventually just hurts me.  I always take care of some folks and trust that they will work it out, but then they never do and I end up losing out in the long run.  so with my new 'zero tolerance" policy I am really putting pressure on her to pay.  she had also told me years ago that when her son graduated high school, she was going to move to Calaveras.  But now she does not appear to be moving, nor is the recent graduate.  I have been very generous, years ago I gave her 2 years free rent, she was broke nearly homeless and had a 5 year old, so I took her in.  I told her she can just start paying rent when she gets back on her feet.  UM ... I didn't expect it to take 2 years.  But she did get a job as an office manager for a construction company and over the many years she slowly replaced the kitchen floors, and cabinates, she sanded all wood floors and painted the place, and refinished the old brass knobs, she did a lot of work with donations from her work.  so I feel we are even.  However, I would love to re-rent that place as I could get alot more in rent now.

anyways drama everywhere that is shoved down my gullet .......

No comments:

Post a Comment